In honor of the delicious apple, sweet or tart, we have collected some great recipes that combine our favourite oats with this magnificent piece of fruit. These recipes will definitely keep you warm through autumn!
We also gathered a wild selection of recipes that celebrate the berry season incase you are more of the foraging kind. Then again, why not combine them? Apples, berries and oats. Don’t forget your oats! We have a whole shop full of ‘em over at oatletstore.com.
Oaty Apple Crumble (FIN)
A sweet dessert, but also great with coffee or on it’s own.
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
100 g margarine
0,5 dl sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the apples and slice them into thin wedges.
- Spread the apple wedges in a low, greased pan and sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Mix the soft margarine, sugar, vanilla sugar and oats into a crumble.
- Spread the crumble on top of the apple wedges.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve the crumble with ice cream or vanilla sauce.
Nutty Cinnamon mug cake (FIN)
Easy and quick, cake in a mug!
1 tbsp applesauce
½ tbsp milk
1½ tbsp rapeseed oil
1½ - 2 tbsp brown sugar
1 ml cinnamon
1 ml cardamom
1 ml baking powder
1 tsp ground hazelnuts
3 tbsp wheat flour
1 tbsp Elovena Oat Flakes
- Mix the egg, applesauce, milk and margarine together.
- Stir in the cinnamon, cardamom and baking powder.
- Prepare the topping by mixing the remaining ingredients together and make cuts into the dough.
- Cook everything in the microwave at full power for about 1½ minutes.
- Enjoy warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Apple season porridge (FIN)
‘Tis the season, after all.
200 g cranberries
1 grated apple
½ - 1 dl sugar
⅕ tsp salt
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Stir in the oats, cranberries, grated apple, sugar and salt
- Cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve as a snack or dessert.
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.