Gluten-free Cherry Cake is a gourmet dessert for Christmas coffee party, or any other moment when you want to indulge your guests. The recipe is for 12 servings and it takes more than an hour to bake this lovely cake.
200 g margarine
3 dl sugar
4 dl Provena Gluten Free Baking Flour with Oats
1,5 dl cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
2 dl milk
1 dl cherry or berry juice
Filling and icing:
1-2 dl cherry jam
500 g fresh cherries
4 dl whipping cream
1 tsp vanillin sugar
1-2 tbsp sugar
grated and melted chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 25 cm cake tin
3. Beat the margarine and white and brown sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating constantly.
4. Mix together the dry ingredients and alternately add to the dough with the milk.
5. Pour the batter into the cake tin. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for around 50–60 minutes.
6. Let the cake cool before turning out and cutting it into three layers.
7. Wash and halve the cherries and remove the stones. Save a few cherries whole for decoration.
8. Whip the cream. Flavour with sugar and vanillin sugar.
9. Moisten the cooled cake layers with cherry or berry juice. If you want, you can flavour the liquid used to moisten the cake by adding cherry liqueur. On the first layer, first spread half of the cherry jam, then half of the cherry halves and a third of the whipped cream. Fill the second layer in the same way. Place the top layer on top of the second layer. Let the cake set for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
10. Spread the remaining cream over the cake. Decorate the cake with grated chocolate and fresh cherries dipped in chocolate.
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.